Dr. Ray Striler, Ed.D.
FOUNDED EDUCATION 2020 1997
Dr. Striler founded and established Education 2020 as a multi-faceted educational consulting firm. DBA Ed2020 and Edu2020 provided individualized client-focused services for a diverse group from corporate, to higher education, and government sectors.
Dr. Striler served as president of Union University of California 2009-2011 and Apollos University 2005-2008.
Dr. Striler’s overall responsibilities were administration, academics, budgetary and fiscal operations, teacher recruitment and curriculum and instruction.
- 2014 China (Consulting in Macau and Shanghai on University development)
- 2013 Macau, Shanghai, Hong Kong (Consulting on Educational cross border programs and training global corporation)
- 2009 London, Prague, and Germany (Surveying student market)
- 2008 Chili and Argentina (Surveying student market)
- 2006 Vietnam (Apollos University Hiring Staff)
- 2005 Vietnam (Opening relations with HMC Library for Apollos University) and China (Establishing Partnerships with Universities)
- 2005 Korea Soongsil University (Discussions on Joint programs with Vietnam)
- 2004 Vietnam in January and March (Recruiting students for Apollos University)
- 2004 London, Ireland and Germany (Surveying student market)
- 2003 China (Lecturing and Recruiting)
- 2002 China (Consulting on Start up Business Development)
- 2001 Kunming China (Visited University of Yunnan for Partnership with CSU) and Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi (Lectured on Personnel Management at Madam Curie College)
- 2000 Korea (Recruiting for University) and Vietnam (Gave Key Note Speech at the Opening ceremony Gia Định University)
- 1999 Germany (Marketing for University)
- 1998 Vietnam (Lectured on Strategic Planning at Madam Curie College) and Okinawa (Implemented a Two Way Video Conferencing academic system for Marine Corps)
- 1997 Trier University, Germany (Consulting on Adult Learning Theory)
CO-FOUNDED GLOBAL LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES 1999
One project was a contract to build on paper a virtual classroom for Santa Monica Community College. GLT saved $4 Million Dollars in developing a professional highly effective classroom model to be used by the College system.
Striler was invited to help build and open a university in Ho Chi Minh City. He co-founded Gia Định University during the period 2000 to 2006 The University is accredited by the Minister of Education of Vietnam.
Striler was invited to grow Union College of California to a fully online University. (2001) He assisted in developing a complete online university. Curriculum today is delivered entirely online.
DR. STRILER’S PHILOSOPHY
Striler’s philosophy is, “If a college or university is effectively to define its goals and select or invent the means of attaining them, it must have a high degree of substantive autonomy.” With this philosophy, Dr. Striler co-founded Apollos University.
CO-FOUNDED APOLLOS UNIVERSITY 2001 to 2004
Apollos University was approved by BPPVE and accredited by DETC. Presently (2013) the student population is increasing since DETC accreditation.
KNOWLEDGE OF FOR-PROFIT VERSUS NOT-FOR-PROFIT
Dr. Striler understands for-profit and not-for-profit systems of education. He was part of the movement to get for-profit education recognized during the proceedings in congress of the Re-Authorization of Education Bill. He consulted with profit and non-profit universities. He founded profit and non-profit universities.
HELPED SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN
Dr. Striler co-founded RTG and Associates in 2004. Dr. Striler was part of RTG with financial and consultative support during the period 2004 to 2008. RTG is the leader in reaching out to servicemen and women to achieve their academic goals. RTG employs counselors and professors who provide reliable no-fee support to regionally accredited public degree programs and college credits for educational and leadership certification programs in all 50 States and DOD overseas locations for Teachers, High School Students, Military Officers, Senior NCOs, their Spouses and Dependents. Programs are affordable and 100% on-line at regionally accredited institutions with the highest integrity.
ACCOLADES OF PRAISE FROM CLIENTS
- A student-centered leader, supportive of and experienced with the Higher Education and Military understanding, consistently guided by students needs in all decisions. He is an innovative educational leader, with demonstrated understanding and support of the potential of technology in an educational setting. He is a leader who inspires and motivates others and who has a successful history of visionary leadership.
- Striler is a person who inspires trust, confidence, and mutual respect. He is a person of principles, integrity, personal responsibility and credibility. He is a skilled and authentic communicator who facilitates communication with and among all Military, University and community constituents. He is a person who is approachable, diplomatic, empathetic, self-confident, straightforward, respectful of others, and who has a sense of humor.
- Striler is a strong leader who empowers staff and students in a cooperative atmosphere, with proven ability to work within a shared governance structure. He is a proven leader who can diagnose and solve problems, set a strategic course of action, and make difficult choices among competing interests.
- Finally, Dr. Striler is a person with proven ability to manage human, capital, and fiscal resources.